Item Level: 90
Skill Requirement: Herbalism Level 550+
Recommended Level: 90+
Golden Lotus is the uncommon herb in Mists of Pandaria. Although it’s more ‘rare’ than it is uncommon. It can be found anywhere in Pandaria as long as you’ve got your herbalism up to level 550.
During Wrath of the Lich King Frost Lotus was the uncommon quality herb used in elixirs and other crafting valuable recipes. In Mists of Pandaria the herb is the Golden Lotus. It is used just like Frost Lotus was and similar to how Volatile Life was used in Cataclysm. It is required for all the major flasks:
- Flask of Falling Leaves – 1 Golden Lotus + 4 Green Tea Leaf
- Flask of Spring Blossoms – 1 Golden Lotus + 4 Snow Lily
- Flask of the Earth – 1 Golden Lotus + 4 Rain Poppy
- Flask of the Warm Sun – 1 Golden Lotus + 4 Silkweed
- Flask of Winter’s Bite – 1 Golden Lotus + 4 Fool’s Cap
- Flask of Mana Potion – 1 Golden Lotus
- Potion of Luck - 3 Golden Lotus
- Transmute Uncommon Gem -> Rare Gem - 1 Golden Lotus + 1 Uncommon Gem
You can buy Golden Lotus from either Danky (Horde, Shrine of the Two Moons) or Kyrstel (Alliance, Shrine of Seven Stars) at the cost of 1 Spirit of Harmony, but that’s not going to help you amass enough of these to make the needed flasks. Because of it’s scarcity, Golden Lotus is extremely valuable on the auction house. You can sell it in stacks of 1 or try to sell bigger stacks of it in trade.
Update: You can make a lot of gold with Golden Lotus, but if you want to step it up and make thousands of gold you should read my personal favorite guide.
Where to Farm Golden Lotus
Farming Golden Lotus is not as easy as it may sound. I recommend farming another herb and keeping the Golden Lotus you find. Fool’s Cap works great and you can find nit in Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes.
Tip: Have you ever wondered how players have so many level 85s or how they can level an 85 so quickly? I use and strongy recommend Zygor's in-game leveling addon which will enable you to level in 5 days of played time. You can find a free version of it here.