Welcome to my Mists of Pandaria (MoP) Alchemy Guide. If you’re looking to power level Alchemy I will show you below how to do it without wasting gold. If you’re interested in making more gold you can also checkout this how to make gold guide.
The very first thing you must do is visit an Alchemy Trainer and learn Zen Master Alchemy. This will unlock skill levels beyond 525 and let you reach level 600.
In MoP Blizzard removed almost all of the recipes from the trainer. The only ones that remain are the Alchemist’s Rejuvenation and the Master Healing Potion. Fortunately you can take one of these to level 530. If you plan to sell the potions on the auction house make the Master Healing Potion, if you plan to use them yourself use the Alchemist’s Rejuvenation.
- Level 500-530: Craft either 40 Alchemist’s Rejuvenation or Master Healing Potion – 40 Green Tea Leaf
You won’t find anymore recipes from the trainer. Instead, every time you craft something you will have a chance to discover a new flask, elixir or potion. Depending on which recipes you discover will determine how you will level to 600.
* If you don’t have any herbs, you’re going to have to buy them all. Check the prices of Green Tea Leaf, Rain Poppy, Snow Lily and Silkweed, which are the cheapest herbs in MoP. Purchase a few stacks of the cheapest.
At this point, you will have a few of the following recipes. Select the ones that cost the least to craft and craft a combination of 25 of them:
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Mad Hozen Elixir – 50 Rain Poppy
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Mantid Elixir – 50 Green Tea Leaf
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Potion of the Mountains – 25 Green Tea Leaf and 25 Rain Poppy
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Potion of the Jade Serpent – 25 Green Tea Leaf and 25 Silkweed
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Monk’s Elixir – 25 Rain Poppy and 25 Silkweed
- Level 530-550: Craft 25 Elixir of Weaponry – 50 Silkweed
Update: You can make a lot of gold with Alchemy, but if you want to step it up and make thousands of gold you should read my personal favorite guide.
You should have a few of the below recipes, they should be orange in your spellbook until 565. Craft a combination of them until you discover Master Mana Potion and then switch to crafting that until level 600. It’s the only way to get to 600 without using Golden Lotus. If you have Golden Lotus and want to start making flasks right away, have at it.
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Elixir of Perfection – 30 Silkweed and 30 Snow Lily
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Virmen’s Bite – 30 Green Tea Leaf and 30 Snow Lily
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Potion of Mogu Power – 30 Green Tea Leaf and 30 Fool’s Cap
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Elixir of Mirrors – 30 Silikweed and 30 Fool’s Cap
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Elixir of Peace – 30 Rain Poppy and 30 Fool’s Cap
- Level 550-575: Craft 30 Elixir of the Rapids – 30 Rain Poppy and 30 Snow Lily
- Level 575-600: Craft 25 Master Mana Potions – 25 Green Tea Leaf, 25 Snow Lily and 25 Fool’s Cap
Congrats on getting level 600 Alchemy!
Tip: Have you ever wondered how players have so many level 85s or how they can level an 85 so quickly? I use and strongy recommend Zygor's in-game leveling addon which will enable you to level in 5 days of played time. You can find a free version of it here.